The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published
French Twist - Roxanne St. Claire Oh. My. God. Ms. St. Claire has done it again. And even better than Tropical Getaway if you ask me. Because the heroine was actually someone I could like from the first page, and the hero was tall, dark, and handsome (no blond Viking this time)...Add to that explosive chemistry (still between the hero and heroine), a double-theft, a murderous villain, a dash across the French countryside, betrayal from withing, smokin' sex, and the mystery revolving around the hero, his true identity, and his dark past...And you have yourself a winner.I literally could not put it down toward the end. The tension kept building and escalating, until it reached its boiling point on the shore of Lake Geneva. But, once more, that big climax wasn't really the end of the story. Nope, Ms. St. Claire is apparently a master in double climax (no pun intended). Because as the big one ended, the real one has just began with the facing of the big problem between the hero and heroine—he was bound to disappear, she knew his secret, neither of the two wanted their romance to end...What could possibly be done to prevent this unwanted separation? Was there any hope whatsoever for these two, the Pompadour-enthusiast professor and a reformed thief?It appeared the Fates were not on their side...But since this is Romancelandia we're speaking of, everything worked out in the end. And I loved the ending, it was even more "awwww"-sound-inducing than the ending in Tropical Getaway, because it had appeared there was no hope left for these two, but the stars did smile down upon them eventually.Loved it, loved it, loved it. Roxanne St. Claire is now definitely one of my favorite authors. I love her style, the wonderful pacing, characterization, and amazing plot-lines. Can't wait for more.