The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published
Unforgettable (Harlequin Intrigue, No 348) - Molly Rice Well, after the disappointment from the previous book ([b:The Redemption of Deke Summers|2722860|The Redemption of Deke Summers (Hidden Identity, Book 1) (Harlequin Intrigue Series #414)|Gayle Wilson|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21Cm1%2BZykvL._SL75_.jpg|2748459]), this exciting little story came as a nice surprise and a much needed respite.Small town of Hunter's Bay holds many secrets and a young woman searching for clues about her past threatens everything the inhabitants, especially the all-powerful Hunter family has worked long and hard to hide. But how far are they really prepared to go to keep their secrets safe?This was exciting, fast-paced, nicely characterized, well-plotted, and heaped with chemistry, both good and bad. There were secrets galore, half-truths and outright lies, a few skeletons in the closets, and a lot of jealousy and rage going on.I absolutely loved it...Until the end, when the jaw-dropping (and eye-roll inducing) truth about the heroine's parents came out and I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the absurdity of it. Granted, it is an old HI, but still. A pretty hard blow to an otherwise great story.