The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published
Nightshade  - Nora Roberts Though this story held as much intensity as the previous two in the Night Tales series (maybe even a little more of it, thanks to the topic), it was also thinly veiled with humor, thanks to the hero, Colt Nightshade, and his "shenanigans".It wasn't made humorous to mock the topic of abuse and violence, but to keep it from sinking under its weight. And I guess that's what Colt's character was all about. He was an intensely passionate man, but kept it all hidden under a veneer of light banter and jokes. Needless to say, I loved the man.He was, IMO, perfect for Lieutenant Grayson, balancing her our, creating a perfect couple. I loved the two separately, and I loved them together. They were good for each other...and for the case.And though this was yet another great NR suspense story, I felt it also concentrated more on the romance aspect of the plot. Neither of the two took over, but complimented each other, the first adding weight, the other adding some much needed "lightness". A perfect balance.And a perfect score.