The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published
Eat Prey Love - Kerrelyn Sparks This is the first book by Kerrelyn Sparks I've read, and I guess it won't be the last, because I loved it. It had humor, it had romance, it had vampires, shape-shifters, suspense, hot lovin', suspense, and drama.But what struck me most of all—I didn't hate the heroine. I loved her to bits, actually (though her I'm-not-good-enough fears grew a little tiresome). Who needed some screws tightened in this story was the hero with all his I-want-her-but-can't-have-her, I-have-to-save-my-race-even-if-I-have-to-marry-a-skanky-were-panther, my-young-stepchildren-will-have-to-save-the-race-if-I'm-not-able-to mentality. If I were the heroine I'd grab him by the head and slam it into the wall. Repeatedly. I'm so glad she didn't give up. Maybe he didn't really deserve her, but she didn't give up. Loved it.And the book had a nice dose of humor to go with the main dish of shape-shifter/romance/suspense plot. You gotta love an author who doesn't take herself too seriously and has (obvious) fun writing her stories and characters. Especially her heroine that, despite aiming for the chest every time, hits her targets (a little bit) lower.