The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published
Come Monday - Mari Carr Well, I'm surprised at how much I actually liked this novella. I'm not a big fan of BDSM stories, because the woman is usually the sub and I cannot fathom giving someone so much control (despite the claim that the sub holds all the control in the relationship), but I liked this one, because it was obvious Keira, though being the sub, had the control in her relationship with Will, the big bad Alpha Dom.Just the fact that he was an English teacher, something (at least) I associate with glasses and tweed jackets, was deep into that lifestyle, and a Dom to boot, was sort of refreshing, but then he met this woman, a natural sub, and she simply turned his world upside-down, and though she let him dominate her, in the end she was the one who dominated him.I loved the dynamic in this relationship. I just loved it.The rest, well, we could've been spared a few things, because the more "explicit" the story went, the more it somewhat lost its connection to the plot, slowly turning into PWP territory. Thankfully, though, there was the "big obstacle" in the end that needed to be overcome, providing much needed "grounding" and plot to a story that was flailing under all the sex.4 stars to the story (beginning and end) and the relationship aspect.