The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published

Vision in White Roberts Nora

Vision in White - Nora Roberts

I can always count on Nora Roberts to keep me entertained. Be it with a romantic suspense contribution (the recently read Night Tales series) or a straight contemporary (the book I'm reviewing at the moment).

Because Vision in White delivered on the promise in the blurb and then some. I absolutely loved it, its "friendship" angle and its "romance" angle. And the characters, oh, the characters were simply amazing. I couldn't help but love the four girls, I can't wait for Jake and Del to have bigger roles, I'm impatiently waiting for the mechanic to step into the picture, loved the brides, hated the heroine's mother (who didn't?), and I fell for Dr. Maguire (the hero, FYI) the instant he smacked into a wall. I fell for his battleship-sized feet, his klutziness, his cute little quirks, his shyness, and a complete about-face from his everyday persona he showed in the bedroom (*lusty grin*). I know I shouldn't say this about a guy, but he was just so utterly adorable. There's no other word I could use for Carter. Adorable, that's him.

This book didn't make run the whole gamut of emotions, but some (and appropriate facial expressions) were there. I cried a little at the sweet and tender descriptions of Mac's photos and weddings, I gritted my teeth and rolled my eyes each time Linda (and then Corrinda) stepped into the picture, I kept my fingers crossed whenever Carter and Mac were together, I wanted to yell at Mac for being so spineless (at the beginning) and so stubborn (throughout the rest of the book) to try and sabotage the vest thing that could've happened to her, I LOLed at the little zingers she shot around, at the banter between girlfriends, at the wedding biz acronyms, and at the one-liners.

This wasn't a suspense romance, a police procedural or a murder mystery. Nope, this was a straightforward, lightweight (despite some minor issues due to the "patsy gene" the H/h exhibited), cute, sweet, sexy, sensual (I love how NR writes her sex scenes!), romantic, friendly, funny little contemporary romantic comedy.

Definitely a keeper and highly recommended!