The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published

Yuletide Treasure by Andrea Kane

Yuletide Treasure - Andrea Kane

Four-year-old Noelle is a handful. Such a handful in fact, no family in the county wants to raise her and they keep returning her to her embittered uncle, until one day he snaps and decides to acquire a live-in governess for the girl. And he's adamant in accomplishing his goal, even if it means he has to marry the unsuspecting "victim".

This was a story about a spoiled brat of a child in need of a good thrashing, a brooding hero in need of a good smack on the head with a shovel, and a saint of a heroine that heals them both with her love and brings all of them together as a family just in time for the holidays.

It made my teeth ache with all the sugar, but it accomplished its goal of making me go "awww" in the end.

It was definitely too short, making the plot appear hole-y. The characters never really got the chance to shone through and this severe underdeveloped failed in making me know them and empathize with them, which caused huge disbelief in how easily it was all resolved (all thanks to love).