The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published

Heaven Can't Wait by Pamela Clare

Heaven Can't Wait (I-Team, #1.5) - Pamela Clare

Will and Lissy are only two weeks shy of getting married when she proposes a wager. They won't have sex until after the wedding, and the one who begs first, loses.

A premise that would've been cute and fun if it weren't for the reason behind the bet. As Will said, Lissy didn't want to be romantic, she didn't fully trust him thanks to her ice-queen mother. The true reason behind the "bet" and the fact the idiot of the heroine almost ruined a great relationship (she would've accomplished the fact if it wasn't for the perfectly placed scare just before the end, which magically solved everything) ruined any enjoyment I could've mustered in reading this.

The other characters were great; the hero, the team from the Denver Independent, there were quite a few funny dialogues between Will and his friends, and between Tessa and the other girls thanks to an "incident" at Will and Lissy's house, while the heroine was an idiot, her mother was a bitch...And the rest of it was sex (pretty hot sex, don't get me wrong) and loads of sexual frustration.

I could've been much better.