The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published
SPOILER ALERT!

Paying Daddy's Debt by Alexa Riley

Paying Daddy's Debt - Alexa Riley

What did I just read?

Insta-what? Because it wasn't love. At least not to me. A guy buys the girl (much younger, I presume) because he decides she was his at first glance (while she was in a school-girl uniform, because she hasn't yet finished high-school), the girl (a virgin) is suddenly overcome with desire for the guy she's never met because he's given her comfort and security and goes for it on the first night. He wears no condom, because he wants her to her pregnant (yet another shackle), while spouting off flowery (empty) phrases about her bringing light into his life.

Jesus! Talk about a big-boy fantasy come to life. Are we sure this is written by a woman (or two)? I'm far from being a feminist, but I must say this offended me a little. Not the language, not the sex scenes, but the story itself (read above). Are women really just a man's plaything, a possession bought with money (literally in this case), a little TLC and a big schlong?
The poor stupid naive girl had no choice in the matter. I wonder how the wonderful, princely Alpha male would react if she dared oppose him? He did carry a baseball bat in his trunk "just in case".

I spent half the pages laughing at the flowery prose and half rolling my eyes at the utter idiocy I was reading. Yes, it was short, but still an utter waste of time.

This is the first story by this author, and also my last. I liked the cover, though.