The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published

Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh

Allegiance of Honor (Psy/Changelings) - Nalini Singh

I'm usually not into this sort of reunion “where are they now” stories. Probably because I haven’t read that many of them, and I don’t like to dwell in the past, but prefer looking at the future.
And though this book was very much about couples of books past, it also looked at the future. The future of this brave new world the Psy, changeling and humans were trying to create together, and the future stories featuring old and newly introduced characters.

Because I wasn’t equally invested in all the couples (major or minor) of books past, this latest addition to the series, had some pacing issues for me—some parts dragged quite a lot, while others flew by in an instant—and I’m a little sad not everyone had their equal share, but I’m happy with how everything turned out.

This was truly a reunion book, not much suspense, mystery or intrigue beside an attempted kidnapping that had an E showing her claws, and a release of a kidnapee that offered another pack some much deserved happy times. It was all about reconnecting between characters (and between the characters and reader), all about the bonds, unexpected or not, that have, are, and will be formed between them, topped by the actual reunion of everybody at a party celebrating a new life, and renewed hope.

I loved it, and can’t wait to see what the future holds.