The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published

The Gathering: Blasius, Dante and Moira by Ellis Leigh

— feeling bad egg
The Gathering: Blasius, Dante, and Moira - Ellis Leigh

Hmmm...I have no idea how to review this one. I sort of liked it, I liked the characters as individuals, but once they all got together, I couldn't help but feel the story was a check off a list item...Ménage, check. I mean, we had it all so far, except a threesome. How convenient that the heroine had some experience in the "field." (◔_◔)

I don't like ménage stories on a principle. I don't understand them. I'm not a sharing type of gal. If the guy's mine, I ain't sharing, so I don't get the whole sharing thing. I also don't get why does it always (at least in those stories I've read) have to be two guys on one girl. What about girl power? Why can't two shewolves share a wolf? How convenient (again) that in this universe there are so few shewolves that they have to be mated off to a single (or two) guy(s). (◔_◔)

In short, this story wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that good either. The check-off-a-list-item thing really bothered me. And since I didn't truly believe the connection between Blasius, Dante, and Moira (the bond between the two guys was believable and had emotion behind it), their scenes lacked the "hotness" the author meant to present.

But there was Bez! I can't want to re-read his story, because...BEZ!