The Book Gourmet

Book reviews à la bookworm...The good, the bad, and everything in between.

Professional Reader Reviews Published

No One Left To Tell by Karen Rose

No One Left to Tell (book, #13) - Karen Rose

Yet another great read by Karen Rose, with the usual mix of gripping suspense, murder, mayhem, drama, angst, romance, passion, hot'n'sweaty sex, and a good and tight plot one comes to expect from a KR novel.

Unlike its predecessor, I liked both the hero and heroine, the hero more than the heroine, but that's a moot point, and though their initial attraction (he saw her on the news, she saw him in the courtroom) was a bit quick and required some suspension of disbelief, once they 'got started' down that road, I couldn't help it but root for them and look forward to what happened next (in the romance department). Then, in the end, it once again hit me, it all happened in a span of just a few days, so suspension of disbelief had to be programmed again, but let's not nitpick, shall we? (Although, I just realized, all the books are "timed" the same—just a few days from the beginning to end.)

Unlike the romance, the plot, the suspense, required no such adjustments. Gripping, intense, at times scary, it dragged me right in, wondering what was it all about, then what could happen next, then just who did it...and ended up with an audible exclamation of 'no way!' I didn't see it coming, and even in hindsight, I'm still amazed

Good job, Ms. Rose. Your book entertained me and kept me turning the pages. Thank you.